Are you planning a fall baby shower, but do not know where to start?
Planning a party can be stressful. Especially when it is for such a big milestone like a baby shower. Check out these amazing autumn and pumpkin baby shower ideas that are fun and simple to make! Better yet they won’t break the bank!
Our baby shower was for a girl, but you can take these same ideas for a baby boy, gender neutral or a gender reveal by changing the color scheme.
*this article may contain affiliate links. If you purchase an item from this blog, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you.
Get personalized invitations and decorations on Etsy!
Did you know graphic designers own exclusive Etsy businesses. You can find gorgeous, pre-made designs that they will customize for you. Whenever I am throwing a milestone party (like our wedding, babyshower or baby’s 1st birthday) I get a custom invitations and decorations made at reasonable prices.
There are lots of great Etsy Design stores. Check out all the wonderful pumpkin and fall themed invasions and decor on MissPokadot’s Store.
One of my favorite things to do is buy a matching, pre-made party package from an Etsy designer. There are so many crafts you can make for one party package like diaper raffle tickets, book request card, welcome sign, water bottle wrappers, BINGO cards, favor tags and thank you cars.. I usually only choose a few to do that are simple like a pendant banner. Below is just a some example of what comes in one of MissPokadot’s packages.
At first I tried printing these at home, but I do not have the best printer. A lot of my printable had streaks through them, and I found I used a lot of ink. Going to a professional printer is easy, fast and cheap. I spent $37 printing everything I wanted. I gave the printer specific instructions on which pages to print and which to exclude.
DIY Pumpkin Floral Arrangement
- Buy a big beautiful pumpkin at the pumpkin patch or grocery store.
- Gut the pumpkin the day before the baby shower, so that it stays fresh.
- Buy a round floral foam like this.
- Soak it in water and place inside pumpkin.
- Buy a premade bouquet at a floral shop or grocery store.
- Cut the flowers to the correct length.
- Place the flowers in the foam as desired.
- You made need floral wire, cutter and tape for some types of flowers that have softer steams and won’t stand up straight.
- Add wire ribbon in the front.
DIY Pumpkin Baby Girl
- Pick a small pumpkin at the pumpkin patch or grocery store. Make sure the surface is smooth for painting on.
- Use acrylic paint to paint the entire pumpkin white (maybe pink or blue). Let it dry. Maybe paint a 2nd layer for even coating.
- Cut off nipple part of pacifier and use hot glue to attach it.
- Place eyelashes using hot glue or self adhesive.
- Place bow around the top of the pumkin for a girl, or maybe a bow tie at the bottom for boy.
- We also used crystal floral pins to keep everything attached.
Customized Pumpkin Guest Book Signing Wall Decor
We used an Amazon seller, Sweetie and Roo, to get this customized graphic with our last name on it. This frame went nicely with it. We had guests of the baby shower sign the little paper circles that same with the graphic. After the shower, I used a glue stick to attach the circles in an order that looked good.
Check out the finished product. It still hangs on her wall in the nursery.
Painted Little Pumpkin with GLITTER!!
This was definitely my favorite decoration to make. I invited my girl friends over to help me. We had so much fun painting each pumpkin and sprinkling them with glitter!
- Each pumpkin was two-toned. I started by painting the bottom layer. Let it dry. Paint a second coat if need. I got this part done before the party, so the pumpkin would get done at the party.
- Paint the top side and let dry. Paint a second coat if needed.
- Paint Pot-a-dots on some of the pumpkins, if desired.
- Sprinkle glitter on the top coat. Do this before the top coat dries completely.
Everyone loves balloons!
You will need a helium balloon tank. You can buy them on Amazon Prime, and they come with white string and multi-color balloons. You will need scissors to cut the string. Make sure to bring them with you if you are traveling to your destination.
Paper lanterns are also great for decorating. Again make sure that you have string and scissors to hang them.
Amazon has tons of great pre-made party packages. Just search for “balloons (your color scheme)”. For instance, I searched for “balloons pink gold white” and got all these awesome party package options.
Another easy party idea: use a hollowed out, gut pumpkin to hold your favorite dip.
- Pick a medium pumpkin at the pumpkin patch or grocery store.
- Buy a tray of pre-cut vegetable tray at the grocery store.
- Wait until the day before the party, so pumpkin stays fresh.
- Cut off top.
- Gut out inside until there is enough room for your dipping container.
- Fill the spread out on a serving tray at the party.
The best part about Pumpkin Cuties is that they are easy to make and good for your guests.
- Buy a bag of Clementines oranges like Cuties brand.
- Peel off all of the skins.
- Cut a few celery stocks until they make short little pumpkin stems.
- Insert the celery stock into the Cuties.
- Serve in bowl.
Planning for a party can be stressful.
But once I find inspiration for decorations and food ideas… it starts to become fun. I just make sure to give myself a lot of time to plan and craft for the party. I also make sure to ask for help. I went with my husband to the pumpkin patch and the grocery store to buy supplies. I had a pumpkin decorating party with my closest girlfriends.
I hope you find these suggestions useful for your autumn baby shower. Please comment below if you try any of these ideas!